Longford Bealtaine Festival 2018 Programme of Events
Longford Bealtaine Festival 2018 Programme of Events.
Welcome to the Longford Bealtaine Festival 2018 (May 1st – 31st). We ask you to please support all local events. They are free, unless otherwise stated. Please contact us at Longford Library (email: email@example.com / tel: 043-3341124) if you have any queries. We look forward to seeing you out and about!
|Kitty Hughes||Older Person’s Council|
|Des Skelly||Older Person’s Network|
|Longford Library||Tel: 043-3341124|
- LONGFORD TOWN: May 1st – 31st: ‘Spring Into Summer’ Art Exhibition at Longford Branch Library. An exhibition of beautiful and original paintings by Dan Flynn, an artist living in County Longford.
- ABBEYLARA: Thursday, May 3rd: Bealtaine Opening and Tea Dance in Abbeylara Parish Centre. 2-5pm. Hosted by Abbeylara ARA. €5 entry fee with free door draw. Booking essential through your club or directly with Denis Fahy on 087-2510072.
- EDGEWORTHSTOWN: Friday, May 4th: Edgeworthstown Tea Dance 12– 1.30pm. in ‘The Green’ Edgeworthstown. Hosted by the local ARA. All welcome. Contact Des Skelly to book your place on 087-2951756.
- LONGFORD TOWN: Friday, May 4th and Saturday, May 5th: From Under the Bed (Drama) in Backstage Theatre. 8pm By Seamus O’Rourke. www.backstage.ie or call 043-3347888. €16-€18.
- ARDAGH: Sunday, May 6th and May 20th: Bealtaine Family Event at Ardagh Heritage and Creativity Centre. 12pm to 2pm. Limited numbers so booking is essential. Workshop for creating costumes for An Táin and storytelling. Book: 086-3027602.
- DRUMLISH: Wed, May 9th: An afternoon of story and song with Monaduff Active Retirement. All welcome to Drumlish Library. 12-2pm. Tel: 043-3324760
- BALLYMAHON: Wed, May 9th: Launch of Crime Prevention Ambassador Programme in Ballymahon Library. Longford Community Police will be in attendance. 2-4pm. Tel: 043-3341124.
- BOORA BOG WALK. Thursday, May 10th 11am-3pm.
- GRANARD: Thursday, May 10th: Céilí in Granard Library. 11.30am Be our guest with the Moatsiders, Dolmen Club, and Lus na Gréine. To book contact Rosemary / Helen in Granard Library 043-6686164.
- EDGEWORTHSTOWN: Saturday, May 12th: Workshops with writer Brian Leyden and poet, Vona Groake. €20. 11am – 1pm. Book: 043-6671801 - part of Edgeworthstown Literary Festival (May 11-13th).
- TULLYNALLY: Sunday May 13th: Meet at Tullynally Castle (part of Edgeworthstown Literary Festival) 1pm for a guided tour of the castle with talk by Valerie Pakenham and explore the gardens. €14.
- LONGFORD TOWN: Tuesday May 15th to Wednesday May 16th: Autumn Royal (drama) at Backstage Theatre. 8pm. By Kevin Barry, writer of City of Bohane.Visit: www.backstage.ie or call 043-3347888. €16-€18.
- LONGFORD TOWN: Friday May 18th: Voices Literary Series (2) at Backstage Theatre. 8pm. Writers Elaine Feeney and Lisa McInerney in conversation with broadcaster, Sinead Gleeson. www.backstage.ie or call 043-3347888. €10-€12.
- LANESBORO: Monday, May 21st: Afternoon with Lanesboro Poets and Musicians. 4.15pm at Lanesboro Library. Special guest: author of The Cow Book, John Connell. Tel: 043-3321291. All welcome.
- LANESBORO: Monday May 21st: Mindfulness with psychologist, Paul Marsden. 7pm. Experience the calm and relaxation of Mindfulness at Lanesboro Library. All welcome. Book: 043-3321291.
- DRUMLISH: Monday, May 21st: Old Sayings from North Longford with historian Séan Ó Súilleabháin. Drumlish Men’s Sheds, 7.30pm. Tel: 043-3341124
- BALLYMAHON: Wed, May 23rd: A morning of poetry with local poet, Rose Moran RSM. Recitation of your favourite poems and some of her own work at Ballymahon Library. 11am – 12.30pm. Tel: 043-3341124.
- GRANARD: Wed, May 23rd: Old Sayings from North Longford with historian Séan Ó Súilleabháin. Granard Library. 12pm. Tel: 043-6686164.
LONGFORD TOWN: Thursday, May 31st: Bealtaine Closing Tea Dance. 2pm in Longford Arms Hotel. Hosted by Longford Community Gardaí. Contact Longford Library (043-3341124) to book.