Augharra Ph. - Boundary Surveyor's Sketch Map
Achadh-Chara, field of the weir
Agharra - J.0' D.
Augharra - H. Butler, Esq., Edgeworth's County Map
Aharagh - Education Report 1826
Agheragh - Down Survey
The north-west part of this parish is isolated between the parishes of Taghshinny, Taghsheenod, Kilglass and Abbeyshrule. The main part of the parish is surrounded by the parishes of Kilglass, Rathreagh and Abbeyshrule in this county, and by Kilmacnevan and Piercetown Parishes in the Co. Westmeath.
This parish contains 2,595 acres, statute measure, and is well cultivated, well interspersed with patches of bog, and well intersected with roads. It has three demesnes: one in Liscormick Td., at Liscormick House; another in Ardanragh Td., at Ardanragh Castle; and the third is in Castlewilder Td. and Castlewilder Glebe, at Cloghdoo House. It has also two villages, one called Lissawarriff the other Agharra. The River Inny bounds its south side. The remains of the ancient parish church still stand in Agharra Townland. In 1834, five hedge-schools existed in this parish, and were attended by 174 scholars.