How to Join the Library
How do I Join?
Please bring a valid photo ID and a current proof of address when joining or completing your online registration in your local branch. Photo identification can include a passport, driving licences or student card. Proof of address can include a recent bill, a letter addressed to you, or a letter from your landlord. Under 18s need a parent/guardian to act as guarantor for them. The parent/guardian will need a photo ID and proof of address.
Code of Conduct for Customers of Longford Library
You can join online here
When joining online you will be able to reserve items immediately, however you will not be able to borrow items or use the Internet facilities until you collect your library card.
What do we offer?
- Free Membership for all!
- You can borrow a maximum of 12 items at any time.
- As part of the new National Library Consortium initiative your library card can be used at any branch library in the Republic of Ireland.
- You can search and request items from any public library nationwide.
- You can borrow a wide range of items including books, DVDs and Music CDs for 3 weeks.
- We have a new email notification service - avoid fines and get library loan notification alerts.
- Reserve and renew items 24/7 using our online catalogue.
- Access your Library account 24/7 from home, work, or on the go.
- Free Internet and Wifi Service for all our members
- Photocopying, Printing, Scanning Service