Moydow Barony B. S.
Magh Dumha, plain of the mound or tumulus.
Moydow J. 0' D
Magh-Dumha Four Masters, A.D. 858, 952 and 1295.
This barony is bounded on the W. by the R. Shannon, on the S. by the baronies of Rathcline and Shrule, on the E. by the baronies of Shrule and Ardagh, and on the N. by Ardagh and Longford baronies. It contains 34,519 acres, of which 69 acres are water.